Monday, August 6, 2007

Article posting

After reading both articles I choose to respond to the Learning 2.0 article. It is exciting for me to read that Web 2.0 and the tools they make available have the ability to bring Teachers closer in touch to their learners. Teachers really don't understand where their students are coming from when it comes to technology today. They are aware that their students are using the software for social purposes, but really have not seen the potential of what the software can do in an educational setting. Once they understand just what these tools can do for their students and where it can take them as leaders in their classroom, they will be willing to venture into places they have not been before.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right. It is all about preparing kids for their future.. not our present.

Anonymous said...

Dahlia,

Nice job getting your blog started. Do you have some ideas of how we can use these Web 2.0 tools with our students next year? I'd like to offer a TWOS workshop but am not sure if it should be Web 2.0 tools or a specific one. Something to think about : )

Mrs. Patton said...

I agree with what you have said about teachers not really fully realizing the potential of what the web 2.0 software can do in an educational setting. It is absolutely necessary to understand a tool before you can use it effectively.

Sheri Ebert said...

Dahlia, I, too am excited about the prospect of 2.0 in the classroom. With NCLB leaving some of my higher level students behind, this may help to engage them in their own learning. I teach science. What a wonderful opportunity for my students to share their findings and learn from others as well. I agree that we need to teach the correct way, the safe way and thearticle will be one that I share with staff and administrators.

New Lisbon School District said...

A agree wholeheartedly with the idea that teachers need to understand the tool before working with it. It gives purpose and direction to the lesson and value to the tool. I am anxious to incorporate these tools into my JH classes. I think that this will be a great way to connect to them in "their world". Little do they know they will be learning too. :)

Dahlia said...

@Sue:I think it would be interesting to focus blogs and wikis at language arts teachers to show them the potential they have on writing skills.